Monday, July 28, 2008

Carcassonne


Last week, I was sent to Toulouse, France on the usual 2-day Moto-notice. We were scheduled to be here for a week, but that has turned into two weeks (so far). So, I ended up "stuck" in southern France with a weekend off (I know, I know.... boo hoo, poor me!).

My travel buddy from work (Kai) likes to hike around and run around as much as I do, so we headed for this medieval fortress/castle called Carcassonne. Saturday started out rainy and humid. The weather then turned great and we took the train from Toulouse to Carcassonne past huge fields of sunflowers. Once there, we stumbled into a nice little Chinese restaurant and had lunch. From there, we hiked to the fortress. I have many more pictures to post, but I hit my limit on flickr, so I'll wait a couple of days before I post those.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pay your $1/mo to Flickr - unlimited uploads!